Tuesday, February 13, 2007

and speaking of movie quotes . . .

. . . put your pinky to the corner of your mouth and say it with me:

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!

(OK, if you've never seen Austin Powers, that probably makes no sense.) My brother-in-law is an evangelist with a ministry that produced these fake million-dollar bills with a quickie gospel message on them. They got in some trouble over them at one point. I'm not sure how that all panned out, but anyway, my father-in-law had a bunch of them hanging around. Ian liked playing with them (he pretty much likes playing with anything that resembles money), although his grasp of value is a bit off. No matter how much he was holding, he always had $26. We're not sure where that particular number came from (guessing from something on TV, but nothing we've noticed so far). Then again, he's probably smarter than we give him credit. It's fake money and pretty much worthless, so why not make up a value out of thin air? It's no more absurd to say he has $26 than a million. I kind of like that he's more interested in money as a toy than for anything more materialistic, but that's starting to change, and I'm sure it won't last much longer. Innocence goes quickly.

Anyway, he feel asleep on the way home with a wad of "money" in his hand, and we made an exceptional use of Julie's camera phone to capture the moment.

1 comment:

abuian said...

That shovel is bigger than Ian. He didn't seem to care, though. He couldn't really lift it very well, but he could push it along and scoop up snow. I'm not sure what it's doing here in Bethesda. Looks like fog outside my window, but if you look more closely, something's falling--rain is my guess.